To party bag, or not to party bag? This has long been one of the biggest questions faced by any parent.
Okay, so not quite. But whether you’re looking for cheap and cheerful ideas or conscious of your kids-party-eco-footprint, here are a few fun and easy gifts that won’t cost the earth, or your wallet.
Plastic-free party bag ideas
If you want to cut down on waste or avoid kids coming home with another plastic toy they won’t use, these plastic-free party bag fillers are great alternatives.
- Second-hand story or picture books (parents will love this too!)
- Dry cupcake or hot chocolate ingredients in a recycled jam jar
- Pavement chalk or colouring pencils
- Easy origami kits like this fab DIY paper cat
- Flower seeds and a paper plant pot maker
- Dinosaur shadow puppets
- Paper bunting in a matchbox
- Paper balloon animals
- Make your own superhero mask kit
- Party character masks
Get crafty with make-your-own activities
Getting kids involved in a craft activity during the party can be a great alternative to traditional party bags. They can have fun getting creative and make their very own gift to take home and show off.
- Pebble painting
- Making friendship bracelets
- Decorate a cardboard bird box
- Hand painting
- Decorate your own mask
- Decorate a papier maché bird box
- Kids are crazy for all things slime right now. Try making these plastic free recipes.
- Create your own tshirt
Quick and easy ideas if you’re on a budget
Hey, we get it. Sometimes you just want something cheap and cheerful that’ll please the mini party people (and let’s face it, make home time way easier). These simple gifts are sure winners.
- Colouring pencils
- Hair clips
- Magic wrigglers
- Flying gliders
- Punch balloons
- Animal snap bracelets
- Book marks
- Mini yoyos
- Bouncy balls
- Bouncy eggs
Discover their latest passion. Hoop makes it easy to find and book kids activities from newborn to 11 years old on.